In a first approximation, big data refers to the sheer volume of data produced by the world's countless IT systems. The rise of mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, has, over the past few years, resulted in a further explosion of sensor, geolocalisation, behavioural and social media data.
We use the term "big data" not only to describe the handling of very large volumes of data, but also to refer to the collection and processing of various types of data (web, mobile, TV, social, internal IT systems, etc.) and the extremely rapid processing of data (e.g. real-time targeting in online advertising). inovex has been an expert in big data technologies since 2009. We were one of the first IT service providers in Germany to gain specific project experience with big data, from planning to development to operating big data systems in data centres.
Big Data Technology Stack
- Hadoop, YARN, Map Reduce
- Binary Data Formats: Thrift, Avro, Google Protocol Buffers, Kryo
- Realtime Data Processing: Storm
- Cloud based Big Data Platforms: HDInsight Azure
- Interactive Analyses with Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark
- Job Control with Oozie
- Data Ingestion: Flume, Sqoop
- NoSQL Databases: HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Machine Learning / NLP / Data Mining: Mahout, R, UIMA
- Big Data Analytics with Datameer (Installation, Administration, Customizing, Enhancements)
Big Data, Search, Data Science
We have a great deal of expertise in the areas of big data, search, data science and deep learning, as well as in their associated fields – and we don’t just use this knowledge in customer projects. Instead, we also share our experiences in blog articles, case studies, Meetups, training courses and presentations.
Would you like a consultation on this subject?
I look forward to hearing from you!
Head of Data Management & Analytics
Our Technology Partners
inovex cooperates with a range of selected technology partners to offer our customers genuine added value: Amazon Web Services, Cloudera, Confluent, Elastic, e-shelter, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, Quobyte and SoftBank Robotics.Read more