Apache Solr Lucene Basics
Due to the increasing popularity of in-memory databases, platforms for big data and search engines with enterprise features, it is becoming increasingly difficult to identify the best solution for everyone's search requirements.
This training course introduces participants to the most widespread open source solution (Apache Solr/Lucene), thus enabling them to take their first steps into the world of enterprise search environments.
This training course places a great deal of emphasis on practical exercises. The methods and concepts presented are all used by the participants in sample applications. This ensures that participants can implement and use their newly acquired knowledge immediately in their everyday duties.
- A (brief) history of (enterprise) searching (full-text searching in relational databases, database indexes vs inverted indexes).
- Introduction to Apache Solr and Lucene
- Solr Installation and Setup (Installation, Administration, Query Syntax)
- Configuration (Multi-Core Solr Setup, Optimisation of the Solr/Lucene Engine)
- Java API (Developing a Demo Application)
- Typical Use Cases for Search and Implementation Approaches (Searching in Mails (Parallel Indexes), Intranet Searches (Handling Different Formats), Data Warehousing (Star Schemata))
Target Audience: Java developers
Duration: 2 days