Certified Scrum Developer Training
The Training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in Training sessions in English.
Scrum. Agile Software Development. Lean. Many of us are now familiar with these current buzzwords.
Target audience: Java Developer (OOP design knowledge ist required)
Length: 5 days
Dates: Available upon request
Times: 9 am – 5 pm
Number of participants: min. 3, max. 12
Price: 2,500 euros plus VAT
But what does it mean in practice if a team switches to using Scrum as a development method? How do day-to-day operations change? Who takes over which duties and which roles? Scrum is more than a process to be blindly followed. Instead, using Scrum and agile methods requires changing one's mindset, as these techniques are based on a different core philosophy from traditional software development methods. The goal of inovex's Scrum Training course is to communicate this philosophy using practical examples and to demonstrate how it applies to real life.
Software developers in Scrum projects regularly find themselves facing two challenges. Not only must they know and understand the Scrum framework, including its rules and principles, but they must also be familiar with methods like test-driven development, pair programming and continuous integration in order to handle the agile requirements of Scrum projects. Both the Scrum framework and agile development methods, however, require a - sometimes radical - rethink when it comes to the actual software writing process. This course teaches this 'mindset change' through practical, real-life exercises and enables participants to implement the techniques learned immediately in their own projects. One of the core concepts of this course involves using these methods with existing code bases (legacy code or brownfield development).
- The Scrum framework: rules, roles, meetings and artifacts
- Why agile? Why Scrum?
- What happens to traditional roles (architect, tester, etc.,) after the introduction of Scrum?
- What changes for developers after the introduction of Scrum?
- Test-driven development: the basics of 'red/green/refactor'
- Acceptance test driven development: test-driven development for industry-specific requirements
- Pair programming
- Refactoring of object-oriented software: The SOLID principles
- Test-driven development and complex frameworks (such as persistence or web frameworks)
- Test-driven development and mocking in existing complex code bases (handling legacy code)
- The course fee includes Training materials, certificates of participation, lunches, drinks and snacks.
- Participants must bring their own laptop to the Training sessions.
Collin Rogowski has been working with Scrum since 2005, when the framework was implemented by Germany's leading web portal. Over the past few years, he has been involved in a wide range of Scrum implementations, from small, self-organized teams to an 'agile department' in a larger mid-sized company, right through to an entire Scrum-based business sector at a major international corporation. Collin has been a trainer since 2009, working initially in academic environments and subsequently in the corporate world.
Do you have any questions?
Head of inovex Academy
Certified Scrum Developer as On-Site Training
Would you like to have several of your employees trained right now? Contact us to schedule an appointment at your place & a date of your choice.More information