Docker Fundamentals Training
The training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in training sessions in English.
Whether with traditional applications or modern microservice architecture, Docker’s speed and flexibility have swiftly earned it its place as top dog among the container technologies.
Target audience: IT engineers, software architects, software developers
Length: 2 days
Dates: Available upon request
Times: 9 am – 5 pm
Number of participants: min. 3, max. 10
Price: 1,290 euros plus VAT
This course provides an introduction to using Docker. It covers architectural fundamentals as well as basic skills and best practices. The main aim of this training course is to create a multi-container architecture. The focus is on portability and “infrastructure as code”.
The participants use topic-based steps in a full-length use case to familiarise themselves with Docker container technology. The focus is always on practical exercises. These lay the foundations for later day-to-day operations.
- Docker basics and architecture
- Security risks in creating and using Docker containers
- Container lifecycle (from creation to deletion)
- Creating Docker images
- Versioning during container creation
- Infrastructure as code using Docker Compose
- The basics of container networking
- The basics of data persistence
- Multi-container architecture
- Scaling and possible obstacles
- The course fee includes training materials, certificates of participation, lunches, drinks and snacks.
- Participants must bring their own laptop to the training sessions.
Benjamin Stein is a Linux Systems Engineer at inovex. His core competencies lie in Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD and automation of individual components. He also holds training courses on these topics, and represents inovex at specialist conferences.
Do you have any questions?
Head of inovex Academy