Python for Analysts
The "Python for Analysts" training is conducted by our training partner, the consulting firm Königsweg.
Target audience: Analysts, mathematicians, economists, engineers, etc.
Length: 2 days
Dates: 28.02.–01.03.2019, 25.04.-26.04.2019 (Venue: Either Cologne, Karlsruhe or Mannheim; will be agreed with the participants)
Times: 9 am – 5 pm
Number of participants: min. 4, max. 10
Price: 1,200 euros plus VAT
The Python open source programming language impresses with its clear syntax, simple structures and easy readability. Thanks to the extensive standard libraries, Python can be used to realise powerful ideas with just a few lines of code - in fact in almost all application areas.
Despite or precisely because of this simplicity, Python offers good scalability and is particularly suitable for the effective implementation of complex analysis models and simulations. The "Python for Analysts" course provides deeper insight into Python’s analysis options for advanced users.
The participants* are to be trained further in such a way that they can solve specific challenges and problem in their professional field more effectively using Python. Participants* learn the following skills in a participative workshop format based on practical application scenarios and case studies:
- Using the Jupyter web-based programming environment competently
- Using the Pandas program library competently
- Using data visualisation with Jupyter competently
- Initial knowledge of machine learning using Sci-Kit Learn
Python’s specific application areas in companies are:
- Automating administrative tasks
- Programming web applications
- Accessing and managing databases
- Developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Analysing high-volume data sets
- Optimising and automating processes
This training focuses on practical applicability. The training is based on a database that the participants use to learn methods, tools and techniques.
Day 1 - Python for Analysts, Part 1
Jupyter Notebooks course
- Notebooks basics
- Starting Jupyter
- Writing and executing code in Jupyter
- Sharing and exporting notebooks
Introduction to Pandas
- Reading and writing information; from files or from databases
- Data series
- Data frames
Day 2 - Python for Analysts, Part 2
Introduction to Pandas - continued
- Boolean indexing
- Aggregate data
- Interacting with Excel
Introduction to data visualisation using Jupyter
- Data visualisation using Jupyter
- Partitioning (via Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn)
- Designing visualisation in an appealing way
Outlook: Machine learning using Sci-Kit Learn
- General concept of machine learning
- Supervised / Unsupervised learning
- Most important ML algorithms
- Exercise: Titanic survival analysis
The "Python for Analysts" training is conducted by our training partner Königsweg. Königsweg supports companies in designing sustainable business models and processes. Königsweg identifies relevant key technologies in the field of data science and artificial intelligence and integrates them into a perfectly coordinated portfolio in cooperation with technologically strong network partners. In this context Königsweg sustainably qualifies its clients in data analysis and visualisation using open source applications. Königsweg also advises decision-makers on strategic and operational issues, such as the planning and implementation of digital go-to-market strategies or QM certification.
The Python Basic Training is also offered as in-house training. If you have several employees* in your company who are interested in the training, you are welcome to request an individual quote for training at your premises and on the date you want. Please contact Königsweg directly with your enquiry.
Are you interested in this training?
Please contact our training partner Königsweg directly by e-mail or telephone (+49 621 43627647). Thank you!
Do you have any questions?
Head of inovex Academy