The training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in training sessions in English.
Agile. Scrum. Kanban. Current buzzwords that many can now understand to a point. But what does it actually mean in practice if a team changes to scrum or kanban as a development method?
How does everyday life for managers change if their employees organise themselves in agile teams?
This Training provides an introduction to the world of agile software development, starting with scrum and kanban. The most popular agile methods are brought to life with many exercises and specific examples. The second part of the Training is about the roles of managers in an agile environment. How do these roles change in terms of aims, responsibility and tasks? What will become of classic management instruments such as ‘motivation’ and ‘delegation’? These topics will not only be discussed in theory, but also clarified in specially developed exercises.
- Introduction to scrum: roles, artifacts and events
- Introduction to kanban: kanban boards, pull principle and WIP limits
- Simulation of a development project with three iterations
- Management in an agile environment
- Development of an agile organisation
- Communities of practice
- How intrinsic motivation functions and can be supported
- Different levels of delegation
- Five dysfunctions of a team