The Training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in Training sessions in English.
Using Power BI, you can analyze, evaluate and visualize business data in real time and by using the self-service method. This allows business users to easily obtain knowledge from their data and make informed decisions.
We have developed a Training course that can be tailored to meet the exact demands of participants due to its modular structure:
- ‘Basics’ module (1 day)
- ‘Advanced’ module (1 day)
- ‘Coaching’ module (n days)
The above date relates to the ‘Basics’ module (1 day). If you are interested in the ‘Advanced’ or ‘Coaching’ modules, please contact us directly by emailing email@example.com. Thank you!
‘Basics Training’ module [1 day]
- Business Intelligence Basics and the evolution of Power BI
- Overview of Power BI services – Power BI Desktop, Service, Report Server, Power BI Embedded
- Interaction with other Microsoft data platform services
- Introduction into data modelling – what are relations, keys, normalization and why are these important for us?
- Provision of sample data
- Data import – Flat File connection
- Data transformation – data cleansing, calculated columns, relations
- Data visualization – diagrams, filters, buttons
- Publication – Power BI Service, Power BI Report Server
- The course fee includes training documentation, lunch, beverages and snacks.
- Participants must bring their own notebook computer to the training.
Also available to book:
‘Advanced & Bring your own data’ module [1 day]
- Advantages and disadvantages of various modelling methods
- Examples of data models from practice
- Acquaintance with DAX language
- Row-level security
- Creating your own tables with inquiries
- Inserting your own calculations
- Creating code definitions
- Using existing time intelligence in Power BI
- Creating temporary tables
- Making calculations more dynamic
- Data gateways
- Power BI Embedded
- Performance optimizations
- Power BI storytelling
- Scaling Power BI with analysis services tabular models
- Hands-on connection with your company’s data sources
- Data modelling, transformation and visualization of your data
- Practical exercises using DAX language
- Instructions and tips on designing reports
- Integration into your ecosystem
A single day course will not always contain the entire scope of topics. Instead, the individual Training sessions will provide information on focal points that have been decided with the participants at the start of the day.
Also available to book:
‘Coaching’ module [contingent n day]
Individual consultation and coaching on Power BI
- Connection of complex data sources
- Doctor’s Inn: Surgery for employees of your company to ask their own questions about Power BI
- Creation of an authorization concept
- Creation of corporate design guidelines & templates
- Migration to the analysis services tabular model
- And much more, by arrangement