Power BI Training
Training course for Microsoft Power BI, the suite for business analytics tools providing cloud-based analysis of business data.
At a glance
2 half days remote or 1 day inhouse practical training (‘Basic’ module – pleases email to inquire about the ‘Advanced’ and ‘Coaching’ modules, see below)
Business Analysts, Business Users with a data affinity, Business Intelligence Developers
Eine cloudbasierte Analyse von Geschäftsdaten durch Business Analyst:innen, Fachanwender:innen mit Datenaffinität, Business Intelligence Entwickler:innen
The Training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in Training sessions in English.
Using Power BI, you can analyze, evaluate and visualize business data in real time and by using the self-service method. This allows business users to easily obtain knowledge from their data and make informed decisions.
We have developed a Training course that can be tailored to meet the exact demands of participants due to its modular structure:
- ‘Basics’ module (1 day)
- ‘Advanced’ module (1 day)
- ‘Coaching’ module (n days)
The above date relates to the ‘Basics’ module (1 day). If you are interested in the ‘Advanced’ or ‘Coaching’ modules, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
‘Basics Training’ module [1 day]
- Business Intelligence Basics and the evolution of Power BI
- Overview of Power BI services – Power BI Desktop, Service, Report Server, Power BI Embedded
- Interaction with other Microsoft data platform services
- Introduction into data modelling – what are relations, keys, normalization and why are these important for us?
- Provision of sample data
- Data import – Flat File connection
- Data transformation – data cleansing, calculated columns, relations
- Data visualization – diagrams, filters, buttons
- Publication – Power BI Service, Power BI Report Server
Also available to book:
‘Advanced & Bring your own data’ module [1 day]
- Advantages and disadvantages of various modelling methods
- Examples of data models from practice
- Acquaintance with DAX language
- Row-level security
- Creating your own tables with inquiries
- Inserting your own calculations
- Creating code definitions
- Using existing time intelligence in Power BI
- Creating temporary tables
- Making calculations more dynamic
- Data gateways
- Power BI Embedded
- Performance optimizations
- Power BI storytelling
- Scaling Power BI with analysis services tabular models
- Hands-on connection with your company’s data sources
- Data modelling, transformation and visualization of your data
- Practical exercises using DAX language
- Instructions and tips on designing reports
- Integration into your ecosystem
A single day course will not always contain the entire scope of topics. Instead, the individual Training sessions will provide information on focal points that have been decided with the participants at the start of the day.
Also available to book:
‘Coaching’ module [contingent n day]
Individual consultation and coaching on Power BI
- Connection of complex data sources
- Doctor’s Inn: Surgery for employees of your company to ask their own questions about Power BI
- Creation of an authorization concept
- Creation of corporate design guidelines & templates
- Migration to the analysis services tabular model
- And much more, by arrangement
Typical questions we answer:
- How can I connect, import and transform data from different sources?
- How do I effectively define business rules and KPIs?
- Which powerful visualisation tools are covered in the training and how are they applied?
- How do I create engaging reports with Power BI?
- How do I share dashboards with my team and business partners and publish reports on the web?
- How do I create a meaningful data model and what considerations are important?
- How do I get a successful start using DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) for data analysis?
Training forms according to your needs: Open trainings take place on fixed dates in mixed groups at an inovex location, inhouse trainings you book individually – configurable as desired.
- Training agenda customizable to the group and the project
- Confidential atmosphere (trainers are under NDA)
- Configurable according to your needs: place, time, language, tooling
- optimal for individuals
- new impulses from other participants
- getting to know other people interested in tech
Our trainers are field-tested experts in their areas of expertise. Through their work in projects, they expand their knowledge day by day and pass on this know-how in their trainings - application-oriented and practice-oriented.