Our training course provides an introduction to developing with Swift, as well as an overview of the associated ecosystem of tools, frameworks, and libraries.
At a glance
2 days practical training
Developing apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch
Swift is Apple’s programming language for developing apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Swift incorporates a number of benefits from other programming languages, making it not only a very high-performance language, but also one which provides a very positive, state-of-the-art developer experience.
This training course provides an introduction to developing with Swift, as well as an overview of the associated ecosystem of tools, frameworks, and libraries. Participants will become familiar with Swift and its special features through a variety of examples. Practical exercises are the main focus of this course and provide participants with a solid basis of knowledge for later everyday use.
For working on the exercises, an Apple Mac with Xcode is necessary.
- Swift basics
- Swift concepts and language features
- Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- Reference vs. value types
- Protocol extensions
- Swift Package Manager
- User interface development
- Data storage & persistence
- Unit testing
- UI testing
Typical questions we answer:
- How can I use Value and Reference Types to build a scalable and thread-safe app?
- When do I use Async-Await, when Combine and how do they interact?
- How can I use Swift Package Manager to modularise my app?
- What are the best practices for state management in iOS development?
- How can I get the most out of SwiftUI?
- How do I write meaningful and efficient tests for my app?
- How can I automate my app testing and deployment?
Training forms according to your needs: Open trainings take place on fixed dates in mixed groups at an inovex location, inhouse trainings you book individually – configurable as desired.
- Training agenda customizable to the group and the project
- Confidential atmosphere (trainers are under NDA)
- Configurable according to your needs: place, time, language, tooling
- optimal for individuals
- new impulses from other participants
- getting to know other people interested in tech
Our trainers are field-tested experts in their areas of expertise. Through their work in projects, they expand their knowledge day by day and pass on this know-how in their trainings - application-oriented and practice-oriented.