Kubernetes Administration Training
The training sessions are usually held in German. Please contact us if you are interested in training sessions in English.
This course covers the core concepts typically used to create and manage a Kubernetes cluster in a productive environment.
Target audience: IT engineers with Linux knowledge
Length: 4 days
Dates: 22.10.–25.10.2018 (Karlsruhe), 21.01.–24.01.2019 (Cologne), 11.02.–14.02.2019 (Hamburg), 11.03.–14.03.2019 (Karlsruhe)
Times: 9 am – 5 pm
Number of participants: min. 3, max. 12
Price: 2,400 euros plus VAT
This course covers the core concepts typically used to create and manage a Kubernetes cluster in a productive environment. In this course, we will create a cluster, define the network configuration, expand the cluster, add applications and configure the storage, security and other objects required for typical operations.
This course does not focus on tools from a specific provider. Instead, we will use kubeadm to set up clusters and use tools which will work with any Kubernetes cluster. This course will equip you with the skills you need to manage Kubernetes in a productive environment. This also makes it outstanding preparation for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam.
In this course, you will learn how to install and configure a productive Kubernetes cluster – from configuring the network to performing upgrades right through to deployment. It also covers the administrative tasks required for Kubernetes administration:
- Installation and expansion of a Kubernetes cluster containing multiple nodes using kubeadm
- Selecting and implementing a cluster network
- Various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates and rollbacks
- Configuration of security settings for both clusters and containers
- Managing available storage for containers
- Monitoring, logging and error resolution for containers and clusters
- Configuring scheduling and affinity for container deployments
- Using Helm and Charts to automate deployment
- Error tolerance and higher availability
- The course fee includes training materials, certificates of participation, lunches, drinks and snacks.
- Participants must bring their own laptop to the training sessions.
Since 2014, Johannes M. Scheuermann has been employed as a Cloud Platform Engineer at inovex, where he works daily with innovative technologies and topics in data centre environments. These include Kubernetes, immutable infrastructures and – of course – cloud platforms. Johannes has played a leading role in such projects as the Development of the waipu.tv platform for EXARING AG and in setting up several large-scale Kubernetes platforms for 1&1 Internet AG (web.de, GMX etc.).
Do you have any questions?
Head of inovex Academy